Laptops and Technology
Laptops in the classroom
Full-time School of Business programs (except the applied degree) are laptop-based either through:
For additional information and assistance, please refer to our technology support and guides.
Administrative Information Management diploma
Legal Assistant diploma
Office Professional certificate
|Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)||
Business Administration diploma (full-time studies): new students starting as of Sept. 2016
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree:
|No formal laptop requirements||
Continuing Education programs in the School of Business
Bachelor of Applied Business Administration - Accounting
BYOD is for all new students starting in the Bachelor of Business Administration degree and Business Administration diploma (full-time). You need a Windows-based laptop meeting the minimum requirements listed below. Please note: Mac laptops are do not meet the program requirements.
What you need to know:
- You are responsible for bringing a laptop that meets the minimum hardware requirements & operating system, as outlined above.
- You are responsible for ensuring your device is in good working order for all classes, exams, and other assessments.
- You will have access to the software you need for your classes through SAIT and/or your textbooks.
Some full-time business programs (as listed above) are required to use a SAIT-issued laptop in class. Here's what you need to know:
- You can pick up the laptop just before the start of classes or during Orientation. Read the details on how to prepare for your start.
- Your laptop comes loaded with all the software you need for your program (some software may come with textbooks as well.
- You have access to full-time, on-site technical support.
- You pay a deposit which is returned to you when you turn in your laptop at the end of the program. This deposit is included in your tuition & fees.
Use the resources below for help with various technical issues including wireless, printing on campus, connecting your SAIT email to your smartphone, and more.
- Laptop Setup for BYOD Students
- Office365 for BYOD Students
- Connecting Email to Personal Devices
- Connecting to wireless
- VPN Setup and Mapping a Drive
The School of Business Technical Service Desk provides support for SAIT-issued laptops, computer labs, computer account questions including password resets, network storage, email, and printing.
Contact Business technical support
- Phone: 403.284.8307
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: room NN910, 9th floor, Senator Burns Building
- Note: no food or drinks in the computer labs
|Service Desk Hours||Computer Lab Hours||Summer Hours|
Sept. 1 to June 30
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 7 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday: closed
Sept. 1 to April 30
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 9 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
May and June: same hours as service desk
July and Aug.
Service Desk and Computer lab reduced hours
Monday to Friday: 7:30 am to 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday: closed