Laptops and Technology
Please note: Mac laptops do not meet the program requirements. Mac Books were piloted in the fall of 2015 but the devices encountered more problems in the classrooms and resulted in lower success rates for the students using them. There was also a significant impact to the pace of learning for the other students in the class and to the instructors. After completing surveys and focus groups sessions with students and faculty, a decision was reached to go with Windows based laptops only.
What you need to know:
- You are responsible for bringing a laptop that meets the minimum hardware requirements and an operating system as outlined above.
- You are responsible for ensuring your device is in good working order for all classes, exams and other assessments.
- You will have access to the software you need for your classes through SAIT and/or your textbooks.
Technical support is available for general troubleshooting, including:
- access to SAIT's wireless network, storage and printing;
- assistance with some basic troubleshooting of anti-virus or hardware issues; and
- for resources such as D2L and MySAIT.ca.