Submit your Transcripts and Documentation
- Request your transcripts through ApplyAlberta when you are completing your application to SAIT.
- Your transcripts will be sent to SAIT electronically and free of charge (from all Alberta high schools and participating post-secondary schools).
- Order your transcripts from the province or post-secondary institution where you went to school and have them sent to the Office of the Registrar. If you already have a copy of your transcripts, you can scan them and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your SAIT ID number (if known).
- You will have the option to input your grades for relevant high school subjects when you are filling out the online application form. We will use these marks for admission until your final transcript is received.
- If you want to know what subjects we accept for admission, see High School Course Equivalencies.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
Office of the Registrar
1301 - 16 Avenue NW
Calgary, AB T2M 0L4
- You will require an international document assessment to ensure you've met the admission requirements for your program. SAIT works with World Education Services (WES) Canada to authenticate foreign documentation and prepare an assessment. We will also accept other assessments/evaluations for admission.
- Refer to our International Document Assessment section for more information.
Current high school or upgrading students
- When you apply to SAIT, you will have the option to include final grades and anticipated final grades in the online application. If you haven't completed a course yet, enter your projected final grade instead. This information will be used for admission until we receive your final transcript verifying that you have achieved the grade you declared.
- If you did not enter your grades in the online application, you can complete and submit the Anticipated Final Grades form.
Anticipated final grades
If you're in high school, upgrading, waiting for your transcripts to be sent to SAIT, or waiting for the results of a document assessment, you can self-declare your anticipated final grades for any course required for admission, including English proficiency classes or exams.
Your anticipated final grades are your best guess as to what grade you'll achieve in the course. You may be granted a conditional offer or placed in selection based on these grades.
If you were educated in Canada, you can include your anticipated final grades in the online application. If your transcripts are from outside of Canada — or if you forgot to include them when applying — you can complete an Anticipated Final Grades form.
If you do not meet or exceed your anticipated final grades before the transcript deadline, your conditional offer may be withdrawn.
If you have been conditionally offered acceptance in a SAIT program, be sure to submit your final transcripts by the deadline to avoid being declined.
|Term||Final transcript deadline|
|Fall 2016||Aug. 1, 2016|
|Winter 2017||Dec. 1, 2016|
|Spring 2017||April 1, 2017|
|Summer 2017||April 1, 2017|
|Fall 2017||Aug. 1, 2017|
If you are completing admission requirements where final grades do not meet the transcript deadlines, such as summer school, you can only be considered once final grades are available. Acceptance will be subject to space availability.
For more information about important dates and deadlines, please refer to Important Dates.