Before you Apply
Find out when your program starts
Most programs start in the fall but some programs also start in winter and spring. You'll need to know the term when your program starts to fill out your application.
Know when to apply
It's important to apply early! Some programs fill up quickly. Application and admission timelines vary from program to program.
Review your program admission requirements
SAIT programs have admission requirements that all applicants must meet. Many programs will also require you to complete selection criteria such as a career investigation, interview, mechanical aptitude test, etc.
- Out-of-province transcripts: Admission requirements are listed based on Alberta curriculum. Review the admission requirements by province to determine if you qualify.
- Out-of-country transcripts: If your documents are from outside of Canada, you'll need to have an assessment to determine if you meet the admission requirements.
- English proficiency: All applicants to SAIT must meet the English proficiency requirement. If you require upgrading, consider our English Language Foundations program.
- Post-secondary transcripts: If your transcripts are from a Canadian post-secondary institute, they may be used to meet the admission requirements. For example, if you took a biology course in university, you'll likely be able to use it to meet a Biology 30 requirement.
- Academic Upgrading: If you don't meet the admission requirements for your program of choice, consider our Academic Upgrading program.
- Admission testing: If you have previous knowledge in a subject needed for admission but don't have credit for the course, consider admission testing.
Investigate transfer credit
You may be eligible to receive transfer credit based on your previous post-secondary courses or informal, non-formal and experiential learning. Find out how to apply for course credit.
It's a good idea to start budgeting early! You'll need to know your estimated tuition and supplies, living expenses, transportation costs, and — most importantly — how to pay for it. Find out more.