Canada Alberta Job Grant
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is a great way for employers to support and invest in their employees with training that meets current or future skill requirements.
The CAJG is employer-driven which means employers decide what training is required and make the application for funding on behalf of employees.
Employers can get up to two-thirds of training costs reimbursed to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee. Eligible training costs include:
- tuition fees
- mandatory student fees
- software and other required materials
- exam fees
For training to be eligible for CAJG funding, it must:
- be at least 21 hours in length and delivered by a third-party trainer (like SAIT)
- be incremental in that it does not replace prior training investments or regular operational training
- be completed within 52 weeks of training program start date
- result in some sort of credential (record of completion, certificate, grade, etc.)
- start within six months after receiving approval
The location, method of delivery and structure of the eligible training is flexible. Training can be delivered online, on site or in a classroom. It may be undertaken on either a part-time or full-time basis. Check out Canada-Alberta Job Grant for complete details.
SAIT offers an extensive selection of in-demand training programs and courses eligible for CAJG funding. We also provide group training options of organizations. See a complete list of our offerings or use the listing below to view your options by academic school.
|• Academic Services||• School of Business|
|• School of Construction||• MacPhail School of Energy|
|• School of Health & Public Safety||• School of Hospitality & Tourism|
|• School of Information & Communications Technologies||• School of Manufacturing and Automation|
|• School of Transportation|
Programs eligible for Canada-Alberta Job Grant
SAIT can help
We can help recommend skill-based training and assist with the CAJG application submission.
- Employees can use this request-for-training letter template
- Contact us at:
- For group training, contact us at: