SAIT's new 26-week Mobile Application Developer program is a post-diploma certificate to prepare experienced developers for exciting opportunities in native mobile app development in iOS and Android platforms. You will learn the concepts of mobile app development from ideation and requirements gathering to testing and launch. You will gain an understanding of architecture requirements specific to mobile application development and develop knowledge of testing, quality assurance and go-to-market strategies. Since mobile application development is continually changing to meet market demand, there will be an opportunity to explore emerging technologies related to mobile applications and their relationship to mobile devices, robotics, or industrial applications. A threaded project will reinforce the concepts learned throughout the program, as teams will choose which platform to focus on to develop a mobile app. After 18 weeks in class, enhance your training and start your career with an 8-week industry practicum.
Graduates may find employment as a mobile application developer, iOS developer, Android developer, software developer - mobile.
Students with higher grades usually experience more success in SAIT programs. This is an intensive program requiring a commitment of both time and energy; students who experience success are those who make their education a priority throughout the program.
Credential and Accreditation
After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive a SAIT post-diploma certificate as a Mobile Application Developer.
Once completed, this SAIT credential may be eligible for transfer credit at another post-secondary institution. Visit Transfer Options to learn more about the transfer agreements currently available to SAIT graduates and incoming students.
Have questions? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission and Selection
- Applications are accepted until the program start date.
- Two‐year diploma or degree in information technology, software development or computer science, with a focus on object‐oriented programming knowledge, specifically Java. Preferably one solid year of programming experience in addition to education.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Competitive Entry: Seven Step Process
Step 1: Read the program information to see the qualities needed for student success.
Step 2: Ensure that you meet all of the admission requirements listed above.
Step 3: Review the selection information to understand the process and deadlines
Applications and proof of the admission requirements (transcripts and/or anticipated final grades) along with all supporting documents must be submitted to be included in selection.
Selection is done on a continuous basis and is based on the following criteria:
- Current resumé outlining previous education and experience.
- ICT Fast-Track Career & Program Investigation form. This form will be emailed to you once you have applied. It will be scored to determine suitability for the program; please be detailed and thorough.
- A photocopy of your educational transcripts and any other supporting documents.
- Proof of previous Java or C# computer programming experience. Transcripts, substantial industry experience or certifications will be considered.
- Attend a mandatory selection appointment once the above documents have been submitted and scored by the department. Telephone appointments can be scheduled for out-of-town applicants.
- The final decision for acceptance into the program will be determined by the Academic Chair.
Step 5: Log in to mySAIT.ca to check your admission status. If eligible, your status will indicate that you're "In Selection."
Step 6: Submit your resumé, Career & Program Investigation form and transcripts.
- Send your documentation to the School of ICT Fast-Track office by email to email@example.com or fax to 403.210.4523.
Failure to meet anticipated final grades will result in offers being rescinded.
Communication during selection
Email is the primary source of communication during the selection process. Ensure your personal email account is managed appropriately to receive our emails, files and communications.
We recommend you add firstname.lastname@example.org and the sait.ca domain to your safe senders list or you risk missing critical email messages.
The ideal candidate for the Mobile Application Developer program will be an experienced developer with two years recent experience in Java or C#. You are capable of learning independently and enjoy self-directed study. You are collaborative and work well in teams.
- To find the course description for a course shown below please go to our Course Finder.
- The curriculum in SAIT's fast track programs is constantly changing to reflect the needs of the market and ensure the classes offered are up-to-date.
|Course Code||Course Name||Credit|
|MGMT-402||Ideation and Requirements Gathering||3.0|
|CPRG-406||Mobile App Design & Architecture||3.0|
|CPRG-404||App Development - IOS Programming||3.0|
|CPRG-403||App Development - Android Programming||3.0|
|CPRG-401||Testing, Launch and Distribution||1.5|
|CPRG-405||Emerging Mobile Technologies||1.5|
|PROJ-401||Mobile Application Threaded Project||1.5|
|CPLN-400||Career Planning and Management||1.5|
|PRAC-404||Mobile App Developer Practicum||3.0|
Students must attain a PGPA and/or a CGPA of 2.0 or better in each semester and pass the necessary prerequisite courses to progress through the program. To qualify for graduation, students must pass all courses, attain a CGPA of 2.0 or better and complete course requirements within the prescribed timelines.
Domestic Tuition and Fees*
|Year||Tuition fees||SAIT fees||SAITSA fees||2017/18 total|
International Tuition and Fees*
|Year||Tuition fees||SAIT fees||SAITSA fees||2017/18 total|
Campus Athletic and Recreation Fee: $160
Universal Transit Pass (UPass): $140 (If you meet the eligibility requirements, the UPass fee will be assessed with your tuition.)
SAIT Students' Association Fees
Health Plan: $110
Dental Plan: $125
SAIT Students' Association (SAITSA): $288
Books and Supplies*
- Books and supplies are included in the tuition.
- Membership to the SAIT wellness centre — including an ice arena, swimming/diving pool, gymnasium, squash and racquetball courts and weight room is available at a discounted rate.
Find out about tuition and financial aid.
* Tuition, fees, books and supply costs are subject to change.